Affordable Housing & Sustainable Communities Technical Assistance
People with lower incomes are more likely to take transit and drive less when they live near transit, which is why building and preserving affordable housing near transit is a proven greenhouse gas reduction strategy. For all six rounds of the State’s Affordable Housing & Sustainable Communities (AHSC) program, Climate Resolve has provided technical assistance to help projects become more well-rounded, competitive for grant funds, and welcomed by local communities.
See below resources that Climate Resolve has developed to help projects with the climate adaptation and community resilience sections of the AHSC application, updated for the Round 7 cycle.
- AHSC Tips: Climate Adaptation and Community Resiliency
- A guide on how to fill out the AHSC Climate Adaptation Assessment Matrix by using climate impact data to assess site-specific climate vulnerabilities and design adaptation measures that reduce risk.
- AHSC Climate Matrix Tutorial
- A step-by-step video demo on how to use the tools required to fill out the Climate Adaptation Assessment Matrix. The video includes time-stamped instructional sections for each section of the Matrix.
- Cal-Adapt Local Snapshot Tool
- The Local Snapshot Tool provides climate projections for temperature, precipitation, and wildfire, and is a starting place to get a quick sense of climate impacts in a selected region.
- Tree List
- Data pulled from the i-Tree tool that specifies how much air pollution filtration, stormwater infiltration, carbon sequestration etc. each species of tree achieves over its lifetime.
- AHSC Guidelines and Resources
- This website hosts the AHSC guiding resources from SGC and supplemental materials, including the Climate Adaptation Assessment Matrix.
- AHSC Round 7 Narrative Prompt
- Pg. 3 of this narrative prompt focuses on the “Climate Adaptation & Community Resiliency” section. Pg. 4 and 6 also have questions that reference climate adaptation. We recommend reviewing these sections to inform how to maximize points.
- AHSC Draft Round 7 Program Guidelines
- This document serves as the primary document related to eligibility, scoring, and the application process for Round 7 of the AHSC Program.