Community Outreach Coordinator
Why you want to work here…
GRID Alternatives is a national leader in making clean, affordable solar power and solar jobs accessible to low-income communities and communities of color. GRID is an entrepreneurial, high-growth non-profit organization that provides direct solar installation and project development; clean mobility options; workforce training and service learning opportunities; and low-income solar policy advocacy.
Our Vision: a rapid, equitable transition to a world powered by renewable energy that benefits everyone.
Our Mission: to build community-powered solutions to advance economic and environmental justice through renewable energy.
Based in Oakland, California, GRID has 8 regional offices and affiliates serving all of California, Colorado, Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware; GRID also works in Nicaragua, Mexico and Nepal. GRID has a dedicated staff of 400 and growing!
What it’s like at GRID…
At GRID, we care about each other and know that each employee has a whole self that includes life outside of work. Our culture supports learning, growth and well-being of all of our team members. Every member of GRID Alternatives must participate in the organization’s equity, inclusion, and diversity (EID) work.
GRID Alternatives provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Because we value EID at GRID Alternatives, we encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply, even if you do not meet all of the preferred qualifications.
- Responsible for prospecting, qualifying, generating new leads & enrollment for the single-family programs offered by GRID Alternatives GLA
- Develop community interest and engagement via mass communication such as email, billboards, and social media to introduce GRID programs to residents in targeted service areas
- Identify key influencers and businesses in the project area to determine how we can collaborate to build community awareness and engagement opportunities
- Canvas high priority areas and conduct outreach to homeowners and to partner organizations
- Participate in partner events and conduct workshops & pop-up events to promote GRID programs
- Intake new leads from HQ and partner organizations via phone and email
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- Collect & verify documentation from applicants to confirm program eligibility
- Work with Outreach and Project Coordinator to schedule construction site visits and to support documentation collection requests, such as copies of permits, to help resolve construction related issues
- Support Outreach team to improve performance, control and maintenance of the client journey and experience with GRID programs
- Review & sign contracts/client agreements with program applicants
- Support Senior Outreach coordinator as needed with post installation client education
What you need to bring to this role…
- MUST be bilingual (English/Español)
- MUST live within the Pacoima/Sun Valley area or neighboring cities
- MUST be willing to work directly in the community and also at the office (can include remote work tasks on an as-needed basis)
- Willingness to work certain evenings and weekends (schedule can be discussed and can be flexible)
- Good verbal & written interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to meet with partner organizations, willingness to speak to groups about GRID Alternatives’ work, can educate families about our services, and will generally be a positive GRID Alternatives representative within the community)
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team; willing to pitch in as needed
- Already possesses skills in or is willing to learn how to use GSuite and our Customer Relationship Database
- Comfortable with basic project management
- Ideal candidate will be organized with great attention to detail and follow-through, flexible, and willing to embrace change and bring ideas and energy to a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to meet goals/KPIs and complete Weekly Check Ins to report on progress (sample Check In goals/questions listed below)
- How many families/individuals did you engage?
- Events attended and tabled?
- How many signatures were obtained at events?
- How many Pre-Screened Qualified (PSQ) leads generated?
- How many client applications were collected & verified?
- How many client enrollments completed?
- Must provide a minimum of four prescreen qualified (PSQ) leads per week (the metrics used to determine success are prescreen qualified leads and scheduled application appointments; these leads will not make it through our process if the lead does not qualify and/or is an uninterested lead)
- 4 PSQ leads per week = 16 PSQ Leads per Month
*Hired CA candidates must be able to pass a screening for drugs that are illegal in the state of California, including: amphetamine, cocaine metabolite, opiates, and PCP.
It would be great if you also had…
- Prior experience in sales/telemarketing PREFERRED but not required
- A passion for environmental justice, renewable energy, sustainability, affordable housing, the environment; or just generally grounded in making the world a better place
Where you will sit & the places you may go…
This position may require up to 25% out-of-town travel to regional offices and special projects. Availability to work nights and weekends may be required.
GRID Alternatives provides vehicles for work travel, and due to COVID-19 current guidelines, we may also require limited personal vehicle use. In the latter instance, GRID will provide travel reimbursement for work-related personal vehicle use in accordance with our payroll schedule. Additionally, all applicants will need a valid driver’s license and good driving record to be considered.
Let’s Talk Money
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hourly pay commensurate with experience within the pay range of ($25 – $28 per hour) plus the benefits listed below.
How we take care of you…
Medical, Dental, Vision/Eye Care insurance, 5 weeks paid time off (PTO), 12 paid holidays, Commuter Checks, 403b Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), STD, LTD, and AD&D insurance.
Ready to Apply?
Submit both a resume and a cover letter describing your interest at https://gridalternatives.org/get-involved/careers/open-positions. Due to the high volume of inquiries, mailed and emailed applications are not accepted. Please do not call and/or email requesting an update.
Thank you for your interest in GRID Alternatives!
To apply for this job please visit gridalternatives.org.