Why you want to work here…
GRID Alternatives is a national leader in making clean, affordable solar power and solar jobs accessible to low-income communities and communities of color. GRID is an entrepreneurial, high-growth non-profit organization that provides direct solar installation and project development; clean mobility options; workforce training and service learning opportunities; and low-income solar policy advocacy.
Our Vision: a rapid, equitable transition to a world powered by renewable energy that benefits everyone.
Our Mission: to build community-powered solutions to advance economic and environmental justice through renewable energy.
Based in Oakland, California, GRID has 8 regional offices and affiliates serving all of California, Colorado, Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware; GRID also works in Nicaragua, Mexico and Nepal. GRID has a dedicated staff of 400 and growing!
What it’s like at GRID…
At GRID, we care about each other and know that each employee has a whole self that includes life outside of work. Our culture supports learning, growth and well-being of all of our team members. Every member of GRID Alternatives must participate in the organization’s equity, inclusion, and diversity (EID) work.
GRID Alternatives provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Because we value EID at GRID Alternatives, we encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply, even if you do not meet all of the preferred qualifications.
Why this is a big deal…
GRID Alternatives is seeking a Grants Administrator to lead the expansion of GRID’s fundraising efforts and oversee and administer new grants and contracts from sources at the local, state and Federal levels that have a significant on the-ground impact for families and individuals that need it most, all while addressing our planet’s pressing climate crisis.. This is an exciting opportunity to build a new position on GRID’s Greater Los Angeles Development team and work across departments and programs to implement new funding awards in support of GRID’s portfolio of clean energy, battery storage, and electric vehicle/clean mobility projects, as well as our Workforce Development and Policy/Advocacy programs that directly benefit economic and environmental justice communities.
The Grants Administrator is responsible for the administration and reporting for multi-year government, philanthropic and corporate awards that have a significant on the-ground impact for families and individuals that need it most, all while addressing our planet’s pressing climate crisis. The Grants Administrator will be joining a fast-paced, values-based organization to help secure millions of dollars of revenue from an array of funding sources.
The Grants Administrator will work to oversee a large portfolio of grant awards and manage all aspects of the post-award grant process, including managing contract review and negotiations in coordination with GRID staff, budgeting and invoicing, grant progress reporting, and data tracking. This also includes:
- Maintain progress and momentum across various grant projects, within and across different departments of the organization
- Serve as a resource to staff in interpreting notices of funding requests and guidelines during proposal development, and provide support as needed to staff leading funded programs and projects during contractual discussions and negotiations
- Monitor and complete grant agreements and contracts, monthly grant reporting/invoicing and other related paperwork and deliverables connected with funded programs and projects
- Manage all grant and contract data to ensure all contacts, funding records, prospective opportunities, paperwork and deliverables are entered into and maintained in GRID’s Salesforce CRM database
What you need to bring to this role…
- 3+ years experience successfully preparing and implementing grant and/or contract proposals at City, State and/or Federal levels and managing active contracts/grants, preferably in the energy, environmental or sustainability sectors
- Written communication skills: ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and reports
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to lead and work within diverse teams, with a high degree of independence
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat to fulfill technical and formatting proposal requirements
- Experience preferred using Salesforce.com CRM or similar database systems
*Hired CA candidates must be able to pass a screening for drugs that are illegal in the state of California, including: amphetamine, cocaine metabolite, opiates, and PCP.
Where you will sit & the places you may go…
This position will be located at our Greater Los Angeles office in Los Angeles, CA. Minimal travel (less than 5%) expected for this role. Availability to work nights and weekends may be required.
GRID Alternatives provides vehicles for work travel, and due to COVID-19 current guidelines, we may also require limited personal vehicle use. In the latter instance, GRID will provide travel reimbursement for work-related personal vehicle use in accordance with our payroll schedule. Additionally, all applicants will need a valid driver’s license and good driving record to be considered.
Let’s Talk Money
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience within the pay band of $60,000 – $70,000 plus the benefits listed below.
How we take care of you…
Medical, Dental, Vision/Eye Care insurance, 5 weeks paid time off (PTO), 12 paid holidays, Commuter Checks, 403b Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), STD, LTD, and AD&D insurance.
Ready to Apply?
Submit both a resume and a cover letter describing your interest at https://gridalternatives.org/get-involved/careers/open-positions. Due to the high volume of inquiries, mailed and emailed applications are not accepted. Please do not call and/or email requesting an update.
Thank you for your interest in GRID Alternatives!
To apply for this job please visit gridalternatives.org.