NetZero Policy Manager
The Climate Registry (TCR) is seeking an experienced climate policy professional with strong program management and stakeholder engagement skills to play a leading role in developing tools and policies that support net-zero emissions pathways. This position will advise key partners on GHG/carbon accounting related to net-zero emissions pathways and implement a registry program designed to track net-zero commitments for public and private organizations.
The Net-Zero Policy Manager will be responsible for:
- Outreach to organizations with net-zero targets to increase voluntary participation in TCR’s Net-Zero Portal.
- Developing and implementing a certification program to evaluate consistency of net-zero targets with recommendations and standards set by international governing bodies.
- Research and advisory on policies and reporting frameworks that support net-zero emissions at the state and national levels.
- Engaging with project stakeholders, presentations and reporting to sponsors, and senior managers.
- Tracking emerging trends GHG/carbon accounting that allow for compliance with net-zero targets.
- Manage tasks associated with the development of net-zero reporting programs for TCR members .
- Support the development of marketing and engagement strategies for TCR services related to net-zero emissions.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have experience that demonstrates your ability to:
- Understand complex technical data relating to GHG measurement, reporting, and verification and emissions compliance programs.
- Research and collect relevant data.
- Understand technical information and be able to translate it into user-friendly materials.
- Enjoy initiating and building relationships that advance program and organizational goals.
- The ideal candidate also will have a strong interest in working on climate change issues, be inquisitive, strategic, and goal oriented.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree with work experience in sustainability or climate or related field,
- 2 or more years of experience involving data research and collection, technical writing, and engagement with stakeholders.
- An out-going, creative, self-starter that can adapt to a changing environment, handle multiple priorities and personalities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills, attention to detail, and goal oriented.
The Net-Zero Policy Manager position is based in the Los Angeles area. TCR offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth and flexible work from home policy. TCR also offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and retirement saving options. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The position is available immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; interviews will be held virtually and in-person. All eligible applications will be considered; however, no travel or relocation assistance is available. Due to the volume of responses received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us, we wish you the best of luck in your employment search.
Interested candidates should email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Net-Zero Policy Manager”:
- Cover letter
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Net-Zero
Policy Manager. The Climate Registry provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Under the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act, new employees must present proof that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE REGISTRY
TCR is a non-profit organization formed by U.S. states and Canadian provinces and territories. TCR (1) offers reporting programs, tools and resources to help organizations measure, report, verify and reduce their carbon footprints; (2) consults nationally and internationally on all aspects of greenhouse gas (GHG) measurement, reporting, and verification; (3) provides a platform for showcasing sub-national climate leadership, such as at the annual UNFCCC Conference of Parties (COP) and Climate Leadership Conference and Climate Awards; and (4) spearheads game-changing initiatives, such as the Net-Zero Portal. For more about TCR, visit www.theclimateregistry.org
The Climate Registry
Los Angeles, CA